We are a not-for-profit dog training club based on the Northern Beaches Sydney.
Manly and District Kennel and Dog Training Club Inc. was established in 1952 and is supported by the Northern Beaches Council and is affiliated with Dogs NSW and has close ties with many other dog clubs around Australia.
A focus on responsible dog ownership
Our Club is a not-for-profit organisation run by a large group of dedicated volunteers focusing on dog training and responsible dog ownership.
Our members come from across the Northern Beaches and the North Shore and from as far away as the Eastern Suburbs and the Inner West.
We train all levels of Dog Obedience, Rally Obedience, Dog Agility,Flyball and Frisbee at our training ground at Deep Creek Reserve, Narrabeen which is a designated dog training area.
The Club trains every week from February to November inclusive. (see our Calendar for times and events)
Aims of the Club
- To promote the responsible ownership of dogs.
- To encourage and assist members in training and working with their dogs.
- To conduct training exercises, demonstrations and trials and to hold other events as permitted by Dogs NSW.
- To promote public interest in training and working with dogs.
- To inform members of the care and responsibility of dog ownership.
- To promote camaraderie and interaction amongst Club members and other clubs with similar aims.
Our trainers are always happy to help.
Our dog trainers and instructors have years of experience training dogs and many trial their own dogs.
They are all volunteers who give their time because they love dogs and enjoy nothing more than helping you change an untrained, madcap dog, or your adventurous young puppy, into a well-mannered and fun-loving canine companion.
They are always available and happy to help.
If you decide to progress, from basic training to trialling your dog, they will help you in any way they can to achieve your goals.